Thursday, May 17, 2012

Loving Safaris and DAR

I haven't worked at Safaris in a while.  Since I last worked, they've gotten three new lions (cubs... sort of... more teens in lion years), baby warthog piglets, the pregnant rhino had her baby, and there's a new reticulated giraffe.  And there is no longer Wilson which means it's the new spiel.  And some minor operating changes (particularly the new Fastpass stuff, yeah, it's been a while).  I've been trained on all of this, but have yet to have actually practice any of it.

I've been wanting to pick up shifts there for a while, but it just hasn't worked out.  But today, I finally found a 10.75 hour shift on EHH.  And I definitely just picked it up.  Bring on the extra hours!!!

And, bring on the Safaris!  I have no idea what's going to happen next week when I work this brand new safari with a totally different spiel!  But I am sure it'll be awesome!

You know what else is awesome about next week?  My roommate, who is on the opening team for the new DAR (Disney's Art of Animation Resort) gets one free "test" night to stay in a room with some friends (and apparently "test meals" are included too, but we're not sure that all four of us will get to participate in that just yet).  And so the girls of our apartment will be chilling in the new resort next week for FREE before it's even opened!

Oh, and I just paid for my plane ticket to China today.  Just throwing that on top there as well.

I have the best life EVER!

1 comment: