Saturday, February 23, 2013

That Time I Called 911 By Accident...

I accidentally called 911 at work the other day.  I thought I was making a routine phone call to ask a Cast Member if they could come in a little early the next morning and suddenly I heard a voice ask me, "911, What's your emergency?"  Confused, I quickly explained that there was no emergency.  I mean, if the CM couldn't come into work, it wasn't going to be that big of a deal!

Lesson learned, though.  If you have to dial a 9 to get an outside line.  And then a 1 before the area code.  And if the area code begins with a 1 (because the CM apparently put the wrong phone number into the system) then you automatically get 911.  Fail.

So, the other mistake!  Well, the guy sitting beside me gave me his radio because he had to go to the bathroom.  Therefore I was watching two radios at once.  Then I promptly forgot that I was watching both radios.  His radio rang and I answered it and it was the EPCOT Vacation Planning leader.  I forgot that I was watching his radio and thought this leader was calling me on my radio.  So I explained to them that they had the wrong radio.  They were confused.  "We always call this radio!"  They said.  Then I freaked out that I hadn't been doing my job right because I wasn't watching their area like I should have been.

Then the guy came back from the bathroom.  And I remembered that I had two radios.  And everyone laughed at me.  FAIL!

In my defense I worked from 7am to 9pm yesterday!