Sunday, March 13, 2011

There Are No Words...

This weekend was just.. well... I don't think there's any one word to describe it.

Exhausting: I woke up at 4am to catch the 5am shuttle to Provo on Saturday morning. I didn't get to sleep that night either until after midnight and then it was Daylight Savings on top of that.

Exciting: I bought a car. I bought a car. I bought my first car. I BOUGHT A STINKIN' CAR! Well... the parents helped out... mostly. Okay entirely... for now. But still. I bought a car!

Expensive: Cars are expensive. So are trips to Provo. So are towing companies.

Stressful: Said car got towed within ten hours of me owning it. Not even kidding. Tacked on an extra $200 to the cost. Go figure.

Religious: Since it was stake conference, I went to Heather's stake Saturday night... the speaker went 30 minutes over. 30 MINUTES! Not cool. Not cool at all. Especially since I was starving because I forgot to eat on this day and I had woken up at 4am. And then woke up this morning for church as well.

Depressing: I have some friends in Hawaii. None were really affected past a few having to evacuate "just in case." But it kills my heart to see the Youtube videos of Japan. Heather and I watched them for a while. They're super interesting, but sad.

Delicious: Heather is an awesome cook. We made pancakes the first morning I got there and she even adds almond flavoring like my dad. We also made basil-pesto chicken in the oven, spaghetti, and delicious homemade french fries from this super good recipe she had. Well done, Heather. You'll make a great mom someday!

Hilarious: I should probably wait to tell this story until my parents are ready to hear it. But, suffice it to say it involved a policeman, and something I definitely did NOT do wrong. And no, I didn't get in trouble. I was proven innocent at the scene. Let your imagination go wild!

Spontaneous: I was originally not planning on getting back here until tomorrow. I even had my Chem homework done really early so I could give it to my friend for him to turn in for me tomorrow. But, after certain events today, we decided it was best for me to come home now. Good thing, too, because I had totally forgotten that I also have a Chem quiz in class tomorrow that I can't really afford to get a zero on!

Reminiscent: I miss Florida. A lot. A whole stinking lot.

Pictures soon.

2 comments:

dubby said...

You didn't really buy a car. You spent a hundred dollars on a worthless piece of paper and are now going to spend another hundred to correct the ditzy car owner's mistake.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Mom is being a "mommy". I'm glad you're a grown young woman who can roll with the punches that life throws at you. Rest assured, more punches are coming. Let them tickle, not knock you down. I'm eagerly awaiting more news on the policeman story.