Friday, January 6, 2012

New Years

I never got around to a New Year's post.  Or really a post about my final days on my final College Program.  I began posts on each, but due to many random reasons I elected against it.

So to sum up, my last day of Safaris was absolutely awesome, amazing, incredible, great, spectacular all jumbled into one.  I was sad to leave, but excited to begin the next chapter of my life. I was delighted to have a little boy jump off the truck and run to my manager, who just happened to be standing there on the dock, and say in the cutest voice, "That was the best ride ever!  There was this bridge that fell over, but it's okay, we made it across because I crossed my fingers, just like this!"  He proceeded to show us all how he could cross his fingers.  "And then there was a baby elephant that we saved because we chased away those bad guys!  And we saw cheetahs too!  It was so cool!"

Oh yeah kid.  Yes, tell my manager what an awesome driver I am.  You'd think I'd paid him to do that.

New Year's was mostly uneventful.  Not in a sad or depressing way.  But still, uneventful.  I won't go into it.

Then I drove up to Virginia.  After dropping my roommate off at the airport at 5am, I drove straight from there home, stopping twice for gas and grub.  I got here around 6:30pm.  A loooooong time to spend in a car, that's for sure.  I crashed my parent's dinner date at Applebee's.  It was great getting free food again!

So here is my mini-update.  I'm sad it's not really your typical "first post of the year."  But hey, I did me best.  And you probably didn't really want to hear about all my New Year's resolutions I'm making to myself either (and I didn't want random strangers judging me when I didn't fulfill said resolutions.. yeah, that's right, I said "when").

I won't be updating for at least another week.  So I guess I'll see ya in Florida!

1 comment:

Neil B. said...

I am so excited to read about the PI you will be doing! I have read about all three of your CP's and absolutely love your blog. While I have been wanting to be a Jungle Cruise skipper when I apply for my CP, I am thinking that I may want to do safari instead. Thank you for all the time you put into this!