Thursday, February 23, 2012

Working Overnights

I worked 7:30pm-4am last night/this morning.  I thought this shift would be easier than the 4am-12:30am shifts for some reason. 

It wasn't.  Not at all.  Especially when I've been waking up between 4:30am-7am for the past month.  And then suddenly I have to stay awake until after 4am.  Bleeeeeeeh.  So freaking difficult!

I kept getting into trouble for "looking tired."  The girl I was training with, however, was somehow plenty awake the whole time.  I didn't even see her yawn once.

She yelled at me, "What the heck?  You're not a morning person, and you're not a night person?  What kind of person are you!?"

"The kind that needs sleep!"

Staying up til 4am is the worst thing ever.  I'm soooooo glad I didn't choose those shifts when I did my schedule bid.  Thank goodness it's almost over!

1 comment:

dubby said...

If you're not a morning person or a night person, doesn't that make you a day person? Is that so weird???