Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lesson Learned: Cupcakes

I got my sister-in-law into the parks earlier this week.  It was her birthday.  We did the whole DIsney birthday thing and got her a button and rode the rides and even went out to eat at the Sci Fi Dine in theater.  I got the salmon burger which was so stinking good!  But that's not part of the story.

So we were very full with our delicious meals but the server insisted on bringing a birthday cupcake to my sister-in-law.  She was stuffed, (and it didn't help that the family who was sitting in front of us, and who was on the Disney Dining plan, and didn't want their free desserts, offered us their desserts and we gladly accepted) so when the cupcake came, we didn't really know what to do.

The server, in all his server wisdom, offered a child's cup to put the cupcake in, and then put a lid on top!  Perfect fit!  Couldn't be better.  We stuffed the cup into my bag, lid on, of course, and continued on our happy way.  We enjoyed a great show of Fantasmic, made our way to EPCOT for Illuminations, and then headed to the car.  The cupcake was still perfectly in tact. 

And then.  It happened.  As I started driving, there was a small but very evil spider who decided to "harmlessly" crawl across my windshield.  I was driving!  I couldn't smush it all by myself!  So, I did the only thing I could.  Ask my older and supposedly wiser sister-in-law to smush it for me.

I forgot how much she didn't like spiders.

Oh she smushed that spider all right.  That thing was dead as... as..... something really, really dead.  It was completely and utterly decapitated.

Unfortunately, she decided to use my bag in the process.  And the spider wasn't the only thing that ended upbeing smushed and decapitated.

That's right.  The free birthday cupcake, in all its glory was nothing but a pile of mush.  Not only that, but the gooey innard got all over my bag, wallet, trading pins, SOMK cards, nametag, etc. etc. etc.

Moral of the story?  When you get a birthday cupcake, eat it.  Eat it NOW. 

No comments: