Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Closet*

There is a coat closet on the right just as you enter our front door. It's been packed to the brim since the day I moved in here with boxes and other random junk. Well last night, we decided to clean it out since all four of us were here (Cassie wasn't around, but we knew none of it belonged to her since this is her first semester ever). We found a lot of neat treasures! It was like Christmas!

This is Stanzie getting some of the boxes out of the closet.



This is Stanzie, Katie, and Ashley (L to R) going through the random stuff we found.



Among the junk we found a box full of men's stuff. Including two pairs of shoes, several pairs of socks (we think some were even dirty) and some bank statements and receipts. That guy had $1,830 in his bank account as of a year and a half ago! We still have no clue who the dude was though, even though we have his first and last name.

We also found this map of Seattle.




So we put it on the wall. I bought duct tape a year ago to pull a prank on a friend. The prank never happened, but my duct tape has come in handy soooo much this year. We literally use it all. the. time. And it's lasted forever, too. I'm very impressed.



Ashley looks like she's about to punch me in the head from both sides... I'm pretty sure that wasn't intentional... I hope. :)

We also found this 72 hour kit. It actually wasn't very well stocked. It had a lighter, some toilet paper, breathing masks (random!), latex gloves, candles, wet wipes, and other stuff.



We also found this awesome blow up pool toy. I blew that whole thing up myself. It took a looong time.



We also found some fun little masks.







The most awesome thing we found were a bunch of Michael Jackson DVDs and music and such. Ashley thought this was just awesome.



We put the movies in the DVD player and watched for a while. The best was the Thriller. Stanzie was utterly freaked out. In fact, I sure everyone jumped for some parts. I caught that on film though. :) I think I was the only one in the apartment who had ever seen Thriller before which is weird because normally I'm the only one who hasn't seen stuff like that.



The music videos were in chronological order from his life and the first few were completely awesome. Unfortunately, his later work made it so we ended up throwing the whole DVD away, but the first few songs were fun while they lasted! Overall, a totally awesome night, even if it meant I didn't fall asleep until after 3am.

*My first title for this post was "Midnight Activities" since this whole thing took place in the middle of the night last night (or this morning I suppose). But I want this blog to remain G rated and I didn't want people getting the wrong impression. So yeah, there ya go.

2 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Nice map of Seattle. But you better check with your landlord about the duck tape on the walls.

dubby said...

Michael Jackson stuff sells great on EBay.

No duct tape on walls. Dad's right.