Friday, May 13, 2011

Trickery

Every week in my Photojournalism class, we have a quiz. Well, every class day but class is only held once a week. Anyway, this last Wednesday I got to class and started asking the students about what we learned last week because, as far as I knew, we didn't learn anything new, really and I was definitely in class. We mainly reviewed what we had already gone over and then went outside and took pictures. We were all trying to figure out what questions he would ask and then finally decided maybe there wouldn't be a quiz since there was no material to quiz on.

The teacher entered and told us to pull out a piece of paper for our quiz. I pulled out my paper and put my name at the top hoping that they were just simple review questions of what we had already learned. He asked something about lenses. We haven't gone over lenses! Every question on the quiz was completely foreign to me. I didn't even understand the language he was using! All the students were looking around at each other completely confused. Finally, one of the students called out, "Are we really supposed to know this stuff? Cuz I'm so lost!"

The teacher chuckled, "Oh, oops. I forgot to tell you. This is the pre-quiz to what we're going over today. We haven't discussed any of this yet, I just wanted to see how much you knew. Pass in your papers with your name on them and you'll get attendance credit today."

That was sooo not funny. And they wonder why we have heart attacks young!

No comments: