Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sugar City

Yesterday Stanzie and I went to Sugar City to ride bikes with my friend Kelly. She's lived there her whole life, so she knows this place like the back of her hand. Sugar City is just a tiny bit bigger than my town in Virginia.

Kelly borrowed two bikes from neighbors so Stanzie and I could ride. We rode out to the cemetary where Kelly had some friends/relatives buried. It was kind of sad for me to walk around, especially as we saw so many children/baby graves. Stanzie wasn't sad... she said it was just "melancholy."

Yeah, ask her for the difference.


On the way back we took pictures by this lady's house who just had tons of flowers out front. She actually left while we were taking pictures, and as she drove out of her driveway she had this giant smile on her face. Either she was glad we were enjoying her flowers, or she was leaving for the cops. Since she was super old, and we didn't see any cops, I'm guessing it was the first. :) We really did enjoy her flowers.


Sugar City started out as a town that made sugar and had sugar factories. Apparently, now this one is used to house potatoes, but it's not even used much for that anymore.


As for the above picture? You're welcome. (I have no idea what I was doing...)


Our final stop was to get milkshakes. They were great! I took a picture before this one and started making fun of how white Stanzie looked next to Kelly's dark tan. So Stanzie put on her sunglasses to try to counter it. I LOVE this picture! I just love it!

I have the greatest friends EVER!

No comments: