Friday, December 2, 2011

Too Much TV?

Often during my job there are times when I feel like I'm in a movie.  For example, this morning I opened the Cheers dock, which is the exit basically.  So I was literally waiting for like 45 minutes for guests to come.  So boring.  By the time the first truck came, I felt exactly like in Madagascar when the animals of the zoo are waiting for people in the morning and start yelling, "Yay!  The people!  The people are coming!  I love the people! Yay people!!!"

There are other times when I feel like Maria from The Sound of Music.  When I'm on the safari and I get to a point where I've said all the interesting stuff I can come up with and there aren't really any more animals to talk about for a few seconds so there's that little bit of dead space.  I look in my rearview mirror and see a bunch of expectant faces just waiting for whatever I'll say next.  It reminds me of the scene where Maria sings "Raindrops on roses" and she turns to see the kids all looking at her expectantly and puts her hand to her head, not sure what to go on with for a second.  Ahh, I understand perfectly.

As I come around the savannah and explain the termite mounds and how not only termites get use out of them, but the elephants and antelope also use them, I always want to finish with the quote, "And so, we are all a part of the great circle of life."  I've never actually said it just because it doesn't completely fit, but still.  Such a good quote from the best movie ever.

Speaking of The Lion King, people always point out the animals from that movie.  As we go around to warthogs they all call out, "Oh!  Hey! It's Pumbaa!" and the lions are all called "Simba" "Nala" or "Mufasa."  The best is the mandrills though.  People catch on and call them Rafiki.  But really.  Have you ever seen a mandrill?  Looks nothing like Rafiki.  I'm just saying.  They're smaller, fatter, and lazier.  And not as wise.


 

I'm just sayin'.

That is all. (I'm too tired to figure out how to make this pictures fit side by side... so there ya go)

Oh, and I love my job!

2 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

And besides, mandrills have very colorful behinds.

I often feel like I'm in a movie, too, especially the one where Scar is in the cave and... ooh, nevermind, you already know.

Mama said...

Hahahha! Dianna, you work at Disney World, you ARE in a movie silly!