Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Hunger Games

After Harry Potter became my favorite book series ever, I was fairly certain no other book would capture me as well as it did.  Then Twilight came out and proved my theory even more accurate.  So when The Hunger Games series became "all that" I was very skeptical.

But my roommate Kim just loves to read and talked me into at least trying to read the book.  And I have to admit, she got me hooked.  If I didn't have work and sleep to deal with I would have read the whole book in a day!  Okay, no, I'll be honest, it took me a few chapters to really get into it because I was so determined to not like the book.  Especially since it is slightly horrific!  In fact, I'm a little nervous to see the movie because of the violence I know will be in it.

Oh yes, the movie.  It comes out Thursday.  I picked a great time to get into this series!  I finished the first book last night and have two more to go.

I would definitely highly recommend it.  I was skeptical at first, especially with how totally horrible and demonic it is, but I think it's leading to something great.  At least, I hope so.

I'll check back in when I'm done with the next two books!

3 comments:

dubby said...

I'm not thinking I will follow you on this one.

Ashley said...

Just finished the first book and starting the second..I am obsessed as well!

Obliviocelot said...

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Hunger Games books. I've been trying to decide whether to read them. I never bothered trying Twilight because... well, duh. But this one seems a little more up my alley. Then again, things that become fads always make me skeptical as well.

By the way, when you're finished, consider reading a series by Neil Shusterman. The first book is Everlost, then Everwild, then Everfound. It's a pretty good series.