Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Keep Moving Forward

I've been avoiding thinking about this upcoming month at all.  I don't want to think about how my internship is coming to a close.  I don't want to think about organizing all the stuff I own into what I want to leave here, what stays in VA, what goes to donations, and what goes with me to China.  I don't want to think about leaving my friends, figuring out where to stay, things to do before China, insurance, medical, my car, just everything.

But today was the day.  I had to accept that my life is about to change.  Yet again.

I began packing today.  I actually got quite a bit done.  I really enjoy packing.  It's just the stress of leaving and moving that makes it difficult.  Then I went down to the pool for a little R&R.  I did a few laps and got shown up by some 80 year old lady who had flippers on.  Sad.

Then I went to work.  It was a fantastic day at work and my coordinators were just great.  Suddenly one of the managers started calling across the Base so everyone could hear.  He made the announcement that some people who have "been with us these past several months are leaving soon,"  and I started wondering, "Oh, I wonder who that could be."  Then he called out the first name, a fellow intern of mine and it hit me.

I'm leaving.

We all received our little Mickey trophies (One my most prized possessions now.  I know it's silly, but I am seriously so ridiculously proud of that trophy!) and posed for pictures.

And now my life will forever be changed.  Again.

Bring on the next challenge, world.  I'm ready.

No comments: