Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!!!

It's funny.  Holidays at Disney World are either the most wonderful thing in the world, or so horrible you just want to throw things and collapse on to the ground from stress! 

It's the most wonderful thing ever because of the crazy amount of happiness, love, unity, magic, joy, family, music, adventure, fireworks, etc. that you get to experience.  Worst thing ever from the crowds, stress, bad weather warnings, stress, crowds and stress.

I choose to look at the glass half full, though.  Today was a great day, despite things going just terribly on the "let's keep CDS going well" side. 

And I was lucky enough to get to watch the fireworks!  Best. Thing. Ever!  I've become fairly numb to the "normal" Disney fireworks shows since I've seen them so many times.  I mean, they're still incredibly impressive, but I've seen them so much I don't stop in my tracks anymore.  These fireworks tonight literally blew the pants off of any fireworks show I've ever seen in my entire life though, comparable to the Christmas ones and maybe even a teensy bit better!  And we got a great view, too, without having to deal very much with the crowds.  Geez, I'm sooooooo glad I'm not a PAC CM anymore.  At the same time, I absolutely respect anyone who works a PAC shift at Disney on a Holiday.  One of the hardest things I've done in my entire life... and I had to do it several times.

But the fireworks?  So.  Freaking. Awesome.  I love my job.  I love my life.

God Bless America.  I love this country.  And will be slightly sad to be leaving it in just 47 days...  However, I do hear that China has decent fireworks too. :)

No comments: