Friday, September 10, 2010

PAC

I'm doing PAC all day today. And by all day I mean from 1:45pm until 1:15am. Which is not only all day, but all night as well.

PAC, since I haven't clarified before, stands for Parade Audience Control. Basically I make sure people don't run in front of the floats and die... which you'd think isn't much of a job but, seriously, it's ridiculous how much I have to do. Kind of like turnstiles. You'd think people would get how to put their ticket in the opening that says "Insert ticket here." But no. I've actually had people walk up to my turnstile and just stand there waiting for instruction. And then when I ask for their ticket, they act all surprised and they have to pull out their bag and then their wallet and then filter through that to get their ticket. And then, after finally finding said ticket, they just hand it to me, ignoring the machine right in front of them.

Anyway, back to PAC. Since there's no fireworks or parades tonight (It's the Night of Joy which means a bunch of Christian rock bands have come to put on this special event) I think my job for tonight is just controlling all these people. They say the Night of Joy is second (craziness level) only to Grad Night!

Part of my job is actually to protect the castle. We form a kind of human wall around it making sure people don't climb on the stage or go into the castle or anything. I think it's hilarious. Protecting the castle... just another thing I do. :)

So today I work the 3 o'clock parade, then do flag retreat, then break, and then do whatever I'm told to protect the park. This should be fun. I love my job!

1 comment:

dubby said...

Just reading makes me smile. I love you so much.