Thursday, June 2, 2011

Classes

I signed up for two classes yesterday. This was either a very good decision, or a very bad decision.

Yes, I'm still set to graduate in July, for all you worriers (even though I'm probably the only one who reads this who's truly freaking out about something coming up making it so I can't).

Disney sent me an email reminding me about the classes they offer during the College Program. I took one my first year, "People Management." I didn't learn a whole heck of a lot. I was given a lot of networking opportunities, though, that I didn't take because I'm so stinking shy and I didn't see the point because I didn't actually plan on staying with Disney this long.

So I didn't take any classes last year because I wanted more time for play and relaxation.

But now I'm on this "You are more than you have become" kick (see The Lion King... the part where Simba sees his dad in the clouds... I love it!). And I'm trying to be more productive with my life (which is why I totally slept in until 11am this morning... we'll just skim over that fact. In my defense I've been up by 8am each day this week).

So, anyway. I signed up for "Disney Heritage." It's a super fun, and free, class where we go around the parks and learn about all the inside fun facts and stuff. There's so many rumors about "fun facts and trivia" in Disney World that I don't even know what to believe anymore. If I don't see it with my own eyes, I don't believe it. But taking a class registered through Disney is probably the best way for me to get my fun random knowledge through a reliable source. I'm excited! Four out of the five classes were actually already filled up when I went online to register. And that was the first day of registration!

The second class is actually a real class. Meaning it's accredited through ACE and most colleges will give you 3 credits for it (except my school cuz my school's dumb, but I had a LOT of friends last year who took these classes and got all kinds of credit from their schools) I think it was called "Organizational Leadership" or Management or something kind of class. I don't actually remember. But this class will have homework and projects and group work and stuff. It cost $30, but to have an intense class like that on a resume through Disney for only $30 (and that includes the textbook and "materials", which we all know are always super expensive)... I'd say that's a pretty good deal. It used to cost over $150 for any of the collegiate classes. That's why I didn't take any my first year. This class includes field trips to the parks as well. I think. (I know the Heritage class does). And, at the end of my program, if I pass, I'll get my Ducktorate!

I already have my Mouster's from my first year in the program... cheesy, I know. But that's Disney for ya!

So yeah. I'm teetering on the edge of how stressed out I want to be next program, and if I want to actually have fun, but I think I can do it. Both classes are on the same day each week... I think it's Tuesday? Maybe Wednesday? And I go from 8:30-12:30am and then 4pm to 6pm. And, I'm allowed to change my mind all the way up til the end of the first week of classes (September 23) and still get a full refund, so that's extremely convenient.

Gotta love Disney! I can't wait!