Sunday, April 22, 2012

RIP - In Memory...

I heard the news last Wednesday.  A CP student was killed in a hit and run accident around the Crossroads area this past Tuesday night.  Someone told me during my Safari shift on Wednesday morning.  They finally found the lady who did it and are doing an investigation.  They think she was driving drunk.

Of course I felt sad, but didn't think much of it.  I don't know CPs anymore.  I still went home and looked it up.  Just to make sure it wasn't another one of those rumors that goes around.  I found out it was actually an ICP.  International College Program student.  An Asian girl.

Today in church they announced that Lydya, the only Asian ICP I know currently, knew, was killed on Tuesday night.

I was shocked.  Lydya.  The Chinese girl.  She had been coming to our ward for a while.  She and her uncle who lives here in the States had converted, I believe.  She was the one who was supposed to help me with my Chinese.  The one who was so excited for me to come visit her and her family in China.  The one who was always so incredibly happy.  The one who would help me with my lesson plans because I'm moving to China soon.

And now she's gone.  I will never see her bright, happy face again.

I didn't know her that well.  I hadn't even seen her for a few weeks.  But I'm definitely sad that she's gone.  Her family's not reading this, but I certainly wish they could know what a great person she was. She will for sure be missed.

3 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I'm so very, very sorry.

dubby said...

Oh sadness. Life is so fleeting.

Crystal said...

I was so sad when I heard about this. I can only imagine how tough it would be for her family, halfway around the world. Must be every ICP parent's worst nightmare!