Monday, April 1, 2013

Onstage Again!

I got to work on stage this morning.  I've been looking forward to this shift for *weeks* now.  No joke.  I know it sounds crazy, but I miss talking with the guests and having funny stories.  My office gets a little boring sometimes (part of the reason I don't write much about it).

Anyway, I got to work the "lost children" and information booth at Blizzard Beach this morning.  As parents passed by with their kids entering the parks they'd stop their kids and point and say, "This is where you come if you get lost, okay?"

I probably heard that a million times.  The fact is, though, if the kid gets lost it's really the parents who need to know where our hut is, because any lost child will be collected by a Cast Member and taken there.  It's the parent who is expected to find their way back to pick up the lost child.

My favorite, though, was that dad that stopped his son and pointed and said, "Okay buddy.  This is where they're gonna take you when you get lost."

When?  Really?

I love working with the guests!  I really do miss it sometimes!

No comments: