Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Home Again

I wanted to put up loads of pictures. Unfortunately, my laptop is already crunched for space and apparently doesn't like being told it needs to take on an extra five gig of pictures when it can only hold about 20 to begin with (yes, it's a very old lappy).

So no pictures until I can find enough other stuff to delete to make enough room for them. Fortunately I'm now the proud owner of an external hard drive that will gladly handle a lot of stuff to delete on my computer.

I'm not really ready to be home. Maybe that's terrible to say, but I knew there'd be a huge mountain of work waiting for me and I didn't want to even think about it. And there is a mountain of work. And then some. And then more. Oi!

I got home last night just before midnight. I stayed up chatting with roommates and stuff for a little while and then went to bed. I slept for about 5 hours and then woke up at 7:something this morning. I made breakfast with some of the food that I still had from before I left. Then took a shower. It felt SO GOOD to get into real clean clothes and be properly clean. Amazing! It was also weird to sleep without the loud sounds of traffic right outside the window (most of our hotels were in very shady areas). I think I heard more silence than I've heard in a long time. (Yes, I can hear silence... don't judge) Anyway, shower and then I did all my laundry. I was really upset when I finished my laundry and THEN found two socks I'd forgotten. Ah well.

I also found a key that I'd accidentally kept from the homeless shelter. Oops! I wonder how no one caught that! Anyway, while my laundry was going I went to the grocery store and bought some stuff and actually got a ride home which was great! And then I've just been lazing around since. I decided I'm not gonna start on my mountain of real homework until tomorrow. And I had a few phone calls while I was gone. I really did try to take care of them and email and facebook but it's been hard.

I got one message from some guy in VA (I could tell by the area code) who sounded completely wasted but I recognized the phone number. I don't know how I know that number though! But yeah, it was really hard to tell what he was saying but something about "I know you been havin' troubles lately" and "call me back when you got a chance." Weird... I'll probably just ignore it.

So I'm happy to be in America. Definitely. I'm happy to be an American. I'm glad I had that amazing opportunity. There's no way I'll be able to put all I want to say on this blog so a lot will just go onto my computer journal. Anyway, I think I'm gonna go figure out some homework. Even though I promised myself I wouldn't work today.... there's not really much else to do.

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I'm curious. Who was the guy in VA? Could it have been a wrong number? Your number is a VA number, remember... he might have been calling someone else in VA, possibly? Welcome home. It's always nice to sleep in your own bed, and eat you're own food. Traveling wears you out, take it from someone who's been there and done that. PS: Mom is on the phone trying to find someone to come over and give you the hug you missed at the airport. She sure loves you. And so do I...