Saturday, May 23, 2009

Picture Overload!

I really was trying to figure out the significance of this painting....




They tell me this little dude's famous so I took a picture. It's TINY! Like, about the size of my fist. I always thought he was bigger.



Bros Anderson and Stephenson, some of the greatest professors I know. We were supposed to have four, but things happened and halfway through the trip we were down to two. They took it very well though. :) This is at Madam Butterfly in the Austria Opera House. They got to sit!



I had to stand but got a pretty good view anyway.



Inside Maria's Abbey in Salzburg. We watched their evening Mass thingy too. But I felt weird taking pictures in there.




Why hello Mr. Mozart!





We had half an hour. That's a LOT farther than it seems. But yes, I ran all the way up there. I just had to!




The view was worth it. (Amy and I)



I wasn't the only one! It started to rain while we were up there too. You can see one of the amazing teachers too. He's one of the only ones prepared with an umbrella.




We went inside this church that had scaffolding all on the inside of it. It kind of bummed me out until I saw this elevator in the middle of the scaffolding. Apparently, we were allowed to take the elevator that was inside the scaffolding inside the church all the way to the top so we could touch the top of the dome from the inside. Super scary... trust me. It kept moving!



Carol and I in front of the Arch of Constantine, right beside the Coloseum in Rome.



Go up five flights of escalators in Siena and this is what you get! Gorgeous!



Playing Foosball at the homeless shelter in Florence.



Check out my huge calzone! Too bad half of it was air..... It was supposed to have spinach in it too but I think I counted three whole spinach leaves. Or maybe it was one torn into three pieces.




I think this dude was having a bad day when he was sculpted....



These statues reminded me a lot of those Barbies I used to play with at my friend Felicia's house as a kid.




Her brothers would strip them and then break off their heads so we had a pile of naked headless bodies to play with....



My mom never bought me Barbies... I wonder why.


I'm pretty sure this painting is famous. Yep. Pretty sure.



Same with this one.




This was on my shirt that I got in Rome. I kept wondering why there were these two guys drinking from a weird looking cow. Then we saw this statue and I remembered learning about it in Hum 201 that I took last semester. It's a she-wolf and those two guys are Romulus and Remus, founders of Rome.



All the dead composer guys in Vienna. We put flowers on their graves. Thanks for your amazing works!




My first inter-European plane ride. No wait... I had that one from England to Brussels. Okay, so this is my second..... France to Italy.





These are the stairs that never end..... Chateau de Vincennes. Yes, I know these pics are out of order. Sorry....



Our room at the convent in Rome. A real convent with real cute little nuns! Awesome!




The Pantheon in Rome. This is how big the pillars were. Wow!




Okay, so it's not the REAL Last Supper. It's just a replica. Mosaic. Pretty cool though, especially for a mosaic!



This one just makes me laugh. Really really hard. Bahahahaha!





Guess what the hotel in Vienna gave us to drink while we were outside waiting to check in?







Yep, apple juice.

How many people can you fit in a telephone booth in Vienna? Eight.

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Nice pics! I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.