Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hectic Morning!

I got to work today 54 seconds early, sweating and wheezing, voiceless, and no name tag. What a morning.

First I woke up to find my voice gone for the second time this week. That sucked. I got up and had a nice leisurely morning and left to catch the bus five minutes early. Except the bus wasn't there. And it didn't come. And it didn't come. Just as I rounded up some friends getting ready to drive, the bus came. In a way I prefer the bus because if I drive I have to park ridiculously far away from the building and it takes a while to walk. so I chose to stick with the bus even though it was late. I would still be at work almost ten minutes early even though it was late.

Except after getting on the bus and going to Vista Way we just sat there. And sat there. And sat there. The driver got out and started chatting with the other drivers. I would have said something to him except I had no voice (and I'm too shy of course).

Well finally we left. I got to cast services at 9:53 and had to make the fifteen minute walk across the park in front of guests in half the time of usual. Somehow it happened and I didn't get a point.

But after arriving I remembered that my name tag was still clipped onto yesterday's uniform. Oops! So today my name was Stephanie.

Despite the hectic morning today was pretty fun!

2 comments:

dubby said...

New York? My daughter is from New Yawk?

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Your mom and I were in a restaurant in Staunton (yes, there are actually a few restaurants in Staunton) and a couple of young fellows came in and sat at the table next to us. The waitress carded them, and for ID, they pulled out... Belgian passports! We started chatting with them and discovered they were from... Antwerp! Imagine meeting someone from Antwerp... in Staunton, Virginia! I'll bet they have a blast telling the Belgians back home about meeting someone in Staunton Virginia who actually lived in Antwerp. No one will believe them. But New York is a different story. Millions of people live in New York.