Thursday, October 8, 2009

Loooooong Day at Work

I just finished my sixth consecutive day of work. Okay, not so bad.

But it was a 14 hour shift.

14 is a lot of hours. To be alone. In the same tiny store. With the same three questions being asked a gazillion times.

"Where is the bathroom?" (variations include washroom, ladies room, restroom, wash area, toilet, and anything else you can think of)

"Can I see your pins?" (usually followed by, "Can I trade this pin for...")

"What time do you close? What time is Illuminations? If the park closes at 9 and Illuminations is at 9... how does that work out?"

Probably the top three. My favorite though is "Excuse me, do you work here?"

Nooo. This is just my favorite outfit and I wear the Disney name tag to make myself feel special. And why I'm standing behind this register working it and giving children free stickers? I just like playing.

Anyway, I'm tired as heck. It was actually a wonderful day and I'm super glad it happened. Tomorrow I have off but it looks like I'll be playing chauffer all day. Long story. We'll see what happens though. I'm still working on getting out of it.

At 3:13 am. After a 14 hour work day.

Oh yeah, this lady came in and basically tried something illegal and it's a long story but as soon as she found out I called a manager she fled and my manager is super happy with how I handled things PLUS the story got around to pretty much everyone I work with. I kept hearing as I was closing, "Dianna, what was up with this crazy lady I hear you had?" It was great.

We went to IHOP after work. I got chocolate chip pancakes. They were amazing but too many to be eaten at 2am.

I freakin' LOVE my job. And my life. And everything.

The end.

No comments: