Thursday, January 27, 2011

Electives!

For some reason people have been thinking it's a good idea to tell Dianna horror stories of all the people who thought they were graduated and then found out six months later that surprise! they actually had like five more classes to take.

This is no good because we all know how horror stories freak Dianna out.

So I've been checking my "Degree Audit" and my Catalog book like crazy making sure that I've planned in filling every single requirement. But I was still freaked out I'd run into the issues my sister had or something... even though I've never transferred schools (yeah, logic doesn't take place in my brain when I'm freaking out).

So, anyway, I went to talk to an academic counselor yesterday for the first time since Freshman year when I first changed my major. They said I'm perfectly on track and I brought up every problem I could possibly think of and they calmed each of my fears.

And that's when I realized I had everything figured out correctly from the beginning! So, as of next semester, I will only have 7 more credits worth of classes required for my Major.

Except that since I'll only have 109 credits, I need to take at least 11 credits in order to have enough to graduate.

Except that at that point, tuition is cheaper if I go full time and get my scholarship. But in order to get my scholarship I have to take at least 14 credits.

Which means I have 7 credits of FUN to take next semester! So I've been wasting my time NOT studying for that Chemistry test tomorrow morning, nor working on my big Humanities presentation that's also tomorrow afternoon, but figuring out my fun schedule for next semester!

I have a super long list of electives now that I can't narrow down. I'm thinking most of my classes will be online. In fact, the way I have it planned now is my only class day will be Wednesdays and that's it. Class one day a week! I can't wait! Although I may end up doing T/Th classes as well... but still, gotta love four day weekends!

Of course that means a lot more homework and self motivation on my final semester of college which may be impossible, but hey! As a wise man once said: It's kind of fun to do the impossible! (that would be Walt Disney, by the way!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If ye are prepared, ye need not fear.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Do they offer a class on skydiving? Or aquarium design? Or ... hey, wait a minute. You don't want to take ANY class that's taught by a fruit, nut, or flake, who will make you jump through hoops to get your grade. So choose wisely. Pick the professor, not the course.