Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yesterday Was Fun.. But No Pics

It's snowing right now. Hard. I think snow is beautiful. I love watching falling snow while sitting inside under a blanket drinking hot chocolate or eating cookies. Actually, I could simply watch the falling snow anytime. It distracts me in class. I just think it gorgeous!

I hate snow when it's on the ground though. I hate ice. I hate slush. I hate slipping and falling. I hate fallen snow.

That is, unless I'm sledding in it. (I just can't stop going back and forth, can I?) We went sledding yesterday. "We" meaning my former roommate Kim invited me to go sledding with a bunch of people I didn't know. It's was loads of fun. When we first got to the dunes we went to park in this empty parking lot. Empty parking lot, covered with ice, three college kids.... who's NOT gonna do donuts!? Actually, though, donuts aren't quite as exhilirating as I'd always imagined them to be. What a bummer!

While sledding I learned that I need to get snowpants and maybe some boots. This realization came shortly after I lost feeling in my toes and butt cheeks (I sit in the snow a lot, okay?). Yeah, blue jeans and sneakers aren't so good for sledding in.

After sledding my other friend Kelly and I went to Fong's, this Chinese place on the other side of campus. When we walked in the door a little girl probably about 8 years old seated us. So cute. Total family restaurant. Kelly said one time she went there the server was wearing a baby on her stomach in that baby sack thing people wear.

After that Kelly took me to the store because I had to go shopping. Unfortunately, Walmart doesn't sell eggs. Can you believe it!? WalMart didn't have EGGS! That's like, one of the three essentials! Butter, milk, eggs. Everyone knows that!

When I got home from WalMart I was again invited to Kim's apt to watch "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" and eat pizza. Cute movie. I enjoyed it. Nothing incredible though.

Super fun day. I hope I have more Saturdays like that. The negative? I never finished my project that's due Monday. But it's cool, cuz all I need is the rough draft and it's an evening class so I can just print what I have and get credit. Yesterday was worth it.

No comments: