Monday, February 1, 2010

Disney Interview

I completely forgot that my interview was today. I was in my bedroom getting ready for class when my phone rang. I went to pick it up and the number just said, "Restricted." That's when I remembered. I actually felt surprisingly calm. Completely opposite of last year.

So I answered in my happiest morning voice. The interview went fantastically! We talked about how I went on the college program last year and the whole time the feeling was more of a "you're gonna be accepted, it's just a matter of where we're going to put you" idea rather than, "are you good enough to be one of us?" I applied for merchandise, attractions, and main entrance as my top three. I asked to not be put in the same location I was in last time, even though I completely loved it and loved my managers. I asked for a busier place and I asked to please not be in strollers if they could help it. It was funny cuz I thought that by asking for not strollers she'd be kind of surprised that I was saying something negative, but instead she just said, "Okay, that helps a lot." And no, there was no sarcasm. At least that I heard. (I don't like strollers because it's a lot of hard physical labor and I get tired, hot and sweaty quickly).

At the end I brought up the PI and she actually helps hire for the PI as well as the CP. She told me I should go for it, but realize they're significantly cutting back on positions because of the economy.

She sped over some questions that had obvious answers and I was actually able to make her laugh a few times. I really think it went well. Although I shouldn't be too optimistic. Just in case.

For attractions, she asked me what the longest piece of information I've ever memorized was. I told her I'm taking an exam on the Gettysburg Address in two hours. She said in surprise, "Oh! Wow.... okay then." And then we moved on. :)

Yes. As of Saturday I could say the whole entire Gettysburg Address. And I am DANG proud of myself!!!

Now I just play the waiting game for 4-6 weeks. Although last year it was only two and a half.