Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Simple Greeter Shift

I had a nice, relaxing Greeter shift last night. I get greeter maybe once a week, sometimes less (Greeter means I work the turnstiles instead of PAC).

My shift was 7:15pm til 1:15am. I got there and we were fairly busy, but I got to be put on the Cast Member entrance. Since it was a block out date for Magic Kingdom, all I did was notify the few cast members that came to me that they couldn't enter with their guests. They were kind of bummed, but no one yelled at me!

After my first break I was put on exits, which is sometimes terrible if I"m by myself, but fortunately there were like four of us doing exits, so that was easy as well. A zillion people were leaving the park, but everyone listened and I hardly had any people trying to walk through my stroller/wheelchair exit.

Then after my second break it was getting late so I got tasking. First I covered turnstiles with a few people, then we restocked the maps and times guides. Restocking takes forever. And we kind of took our time because we knew they were running out of things for us to do. Then I got to make the white board for the next day. (We have a white board in our break room that has all the info for that day on it, park hours, what day it is, when the parades are, etc.)

I finally ran out of things to do and so worked on exits for a little longer before clocking out. It was such a good shift, I had forgotten jobs could be that easy.

And now I'm re-energized for tonight when I'm doing PAC. I'm ready!

No comments: