Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chocolate, Chocolate, and a Little More Chocolate!

Our Bountiful Basket this week. I really don't know that it's "excess of farmers in the area." That's why I wrote "or something" at the end of that sentence. All I really know about it is it's run by farmers and I thought it had something to do with "excess." I don't know though... they're obviously not super duper fresh. Anyway, here's a picture. :)



And now for our chocolate-fest! We decided (okay, Natalie decided) that for Valentine's Day (slash Monica and Stanzie's birthdays since they both had birthdays yesterday) that we would have a chocolate party! Everyone had to make a chocolate dish (Ashley made two) for the apartment to share.

We also made guacamole, salsa, and chips for our "appetizer" for dinner. Then Natalie made some of the best chicken enchiladas ever for dinner.



And by "some" I mean TONS! We didn't even make it through one of these pans. We're going to be eating a LOT of enchiladas over the next few days...



Then the chocolate-fest began! Monica wasn't here (she went to Missouri-ish this weekend) so Cami came instead. Cami is friends with Teresa and Natalie from work, but we also happen to have the same class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so I kind of knew her too... kind of.

This is Cami, Teresa, and Ashley enjoying the chips and homemade dip!



Ashley making her super rich truffles!



Natalie, putting her finishing touches on her chocolate cheesecake! Sort of...



I say sort of because someone kind of ate a piece before it was time... and that same someone filled it in with whipped cream to "cover it up." Smooth, Natalie, very smooth.



We fed that piece to Teresa later...



Stanzie made the salsa and the "Brigadero." I think that's what it was called...





Teresa made cherry hot chocolate. And I made the carmelitas (the ones being passed around in this pic)! Ashley's second thing was the trifle (the one with chocolate chips on top).



So after stuffing myself of guacamole and enchiladas, this is my dessert plate! Sooooo yummy!



Cami with the desserts. Taking Monica's place. Okay, so actually this picture is to show you a better photo of my carmelitas. Don't they look delicious!?



And just to be sure there's pictures of all of my roommates in this post, here is one of Natalie, Ashley, and Monica.

2 comments:

dubby said...

Now I'm hungry.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Yum. Sugar coma, eh? Enjoy it while you're young. The bountiful basket looks good. Especially the oranges.