Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Good News, Semi-Bad News, and More Semi-Bad News

I got accepted to the Disney College Program!!!! Again. Yay! It's still exciting, the third time!

The semi-bad news is that my first choice was Costuming and I got my second choice which was Attractions. That's a long story, but overall it's probably better this way.

The other semi-bad news is that the fee for the program is three times what it was in previous years. It used to be $100. Now it's $300 because they added in a $200 "Housing and Administration Fee" which I think means that instead of having two weeks of rent pulled out of our pay check the second week, we pay up front. That way all those kids who cheat out the program by staying for one week, pretending they're going to work, and then leaving before they even finish training because all they wanted was to take advantage of the free tickets will not get quite as good a deal as they think. At least, I think that's what it is.

Anyway, I'm still stuck on the good news that I get to go back! I hope I get a fun attraction, though, like the Jungle Safari in Animal Kingdom or the Great Movie Ride in Hollywood. Actually, I'm mostly hoping for DAK or HS since those are the two parks I haven't officially "worked" in. Although, I was deployed to HS for a few weeks my first year, so DAK would be slightly preferable, which is ironic because my first year DAK was the only park I did NOT want to work in.

It'll be fun, though. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Congratulations again! Maybe you'll be Pooh this time?