Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pilates

It's very convenient that my final year of college I get to be roommates with one of my favorite roommates ever. Stanzie is more like me than any other roommate I've ever had. Except she's better than I am. She's the person I wish I would be. Which is good because she encourages me to be that good too. Particularly when it comes to exercising.

Tonight, she talked me into going with her to Pilates. I've often thought about doing the on-campus exercise classes, but never really got around to it. Well, I went today. Pilates is like yoga except it focuses on making your muscles stronger, particularly your abs. (By the way, I've never done yoga either... the only reason I compare it to yoga is because that's what the teacher told us at the beginning). Anyway, it was fun but it burned! It was a good burn though, and afterward my legs felt really good... kind of as if they had a massage or something. It made me want to run but I had to go to the Spori and finish a project that's due tomorrow.

I thought I had finished the project... chapters 5 and 6. Then it turned out I found out at the last minute I had to do chapters 7 and 8 as well, and the project can only be completed on campus on the Macs. Blech. Hate it when that happens. But I finished, thank goodness!

Anyway, that's why I only did Pilates and not Pilates and Zumba which is what Stanzie did. Maybe next week I'll attend both. We'll see.

Oh, and by the way, Stanzie's name does not rhyme with "pansy," but it does rhyme with "Fonzie." And yes, she answers to "The Stanz."

2 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Do you know "the Fonz"? Re: the cold air: get a scarf and wrap it around your face, so that your outgoing breath warms it up for the next incoming breath. Breating ultra-cold air is very bad for you.

Anonymous said...

So if you do them in Disney, is it the Pilates of the Calibean? -mom