Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cake and Project Inspire

Natalie and I have had the house to ourselves for the past day or so. Tonight, we decided we wanted cake since we're both out of food and we knew we had ingredients to make chocolate cake from scratch. So we tried to make a cake. Except we didn't have three 9 inch round pans. All we had was a square, a circle, and some cupcake pans.

Then we wanted to make frosting. But we didn't have any confectioner's sugar. So we improvised with that as well.

This is what we ended up with.



Oh, and we had extra ricotta cheese that Natalie wanted to get rid of. So we added that too. Did you know you can do that to chocolate cake? And it actually tastes good?

The fact is as horrible as this cake looks, that's how wonderful it tastes. Except, we can only eat like one cupcake's worth before being full because it's sooooo rich. Mmmmm!

In other news I'm taking off to Project Inspire tomorrow! Basically I'm spending the week at Bear Lake with about 25 other college students building camp sites (which I think includes flattening out land for tents and building picnic tables... I think), painting a county pool (I'm assuming they're taking the water out), and visiting an old folk's home. I'll let you know more about that on Friday when I return! I hope it's fun!

2 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Bear Lake? The one in the Rocky Mountains National Park? I've been there! But they don't allow camping there. And there certainly is no pool anywhere near there. Oh, when is your trip to Disneyland?

Nicole said...

Sounds like lots of hard work but then lots of fun also. Cute toes to. Hope all is well with you.