Monday, September 19, 2011

Six Hours Later

I'm thinking it's going to be one of "those" days today.

After not even six hours of sleep, I'm already very tired.  And I'm going to spend the next eight hours driving around in circles.  Then Walmart.  Then a goodbye dinner for one of my friends.

Yeah, so one of my friends is leaving.  She just can't afford to stay with the hours she's getting and the minimum wage pay and another year of school to pay off.  Which is perfectly understandable because I've been getting 30-32 hours/week as well which is the least I've ever gotten since working for Disney.  And the really stinky thing about that is that I'm in a job where I can't pick up shifts.  I used to be able to pick up extra hours, but my job doesn't allow it.  I'm just hoping that during the holidays things will pick up.

Anyway, back to my being tired.  Not only did I just go to bed six hours ago, but I spent one of those sleepless nights where I woke up every hour or so freaked out that I missed work, or missed my alarm.  So I set four alarms, just to be sure.

Then my roommate came home.  She's always extremely quiet and never wakes me up, but it woke me up.  Then I felt terrible because one of the alarms I accidentally set for 3am instead of 5am (my Ipod still thinks it's in Idaho and I can't get it to believe otherwise!).  And I totally tried to sleep through it for quite a while before I realized what it was.

Now I'm eating cereal and heading down to the bus stop to begin my awesome day of looking at cute baby animals and explaining things to people who don't speak English.

3 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Were you with us in the tram at the Belgian Zoo in Han-sur-Lesse when they stopped by one particular cage and everyone said, "oh, oh, look, it's the oo-hoo, the oo-hoo!"

Stanzie said...

haha somehow the four alarms sound just like Dianna - and funny thing I spent my day with cute little Mexican babies (cant say animals because that would not be politically correct) and tied to explain things to people who do not speak English also :) but at the end of the day it is awesome :)

dubby said...

Four alarms! You are incredible. That's okay. You will get used to it sooner or later. Can you get a second job waiting tables?