Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Food vs. Candy

I had a big group of foreigners on my truck the other day.  In the middle of the savannah, I looked in my rearview mirror to find one of them passing candies out to the others, over three rows of them.  They were all passing the sweets around taking bits here and there.  They were all in the front three rows so I stopped the truck and asked if they could please put the food away.

Their response?

"Noo, no, eet's okay.  Ees not candy."

"Yes, I need you to please put that away.  It's bad for the animals if it accidentally falls out of the truck."

"But, no.  Ees not food.  Ees candy."

Food vs. Candy?  For the record, candy is food.

As a side note, all went well.  They did kindly put it away very shortly after when I explained that candy, too, was not good for the animals and needed to be put away because of the smells.  They even applauded for me at the end of that safari.  I was very surprised at that since I figured they'd be mad at me for making them put away their food candy.

Every day brings a new surprise, a new challenge... a new story!  I love my life!

2 comments:

dubby said...

What? Candy is food????

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Next time you run through the lion's den, be sure they are passing around rare steak.