Monday, September 5, 2011

This Job Is Messing With My Life

-When I close any door or gate I have to double and triple check that it is, indeed, entirely secure

-I freak out if people get into my car, or out of it, before I had the chance to put it in park and turn on the parking brake

-I keep spotting random animals by the side of the road and feel the need to get excited and talk about them.

-Speaking of the car, my car seems entirely too tiny, and I can't get over how cute and little the steering wheel of my Accord is.  It feels like I'm sitting on the ground using a donut to steer.

-I keep using words like "Jambo" "Karibuni" and "Kwaharini" when saying hello or goodbye.

-Being covered in sweat just feels natural.  And rain?  That doesn't even phase me anymore.

-I keep talking in my totally weird tour guide voice.

-I have to drink lots and lots and lots of water.  All the time.  I come home and I'm still thirsty.  I drink three cups of water before (and again during) any meal.

-I feel the need to honk twice at intersections before I begin motion.

-New words have been added to my vocabulary, or have gained new meaning for me, for example: prams, reserve warden, Kilimanjaro 12, FLIK cards, Pride Rock, 103, Jabali, BoCo, Departure 3, Cheers, Safi River, and more.

I freaking love every second of it!  Every. Single. Second.  I love my job.