Sunday, October 2, 2011

Lions and Elephants and Band-aids... Oh my!

I cut my thumb on an ECV yesterday.  It wouldn't have mattered at all except I was bleeding everywhere and needed something so the guests didn't see me with a bloody thumb handled all of their wheelchairs.  So I called someone and seconds later someone came with a band aid.  He actually brought three band aids.  And two alcohol wipes.  And some neosporin.  And then asked if I needed to be bumped from my position.  It's a finger cut!  So funny.

Yesterday was a good day.  The elephants were even playing.  The other day the baby, Jabali, and the other little one, Luna, were playing together by the water.  Jabali literally reminds me of a little kid.  He was running around, tripping, trying to climb up the water bank and falling or slipping in the mud.  So stinking adorable!

The lion was scratching his claws up against a tree the other day as we went by, too.  So cool, I've never seen a lion do that before!  Just like a cat.  Then, yesterday, I was listening on the radio and a conversation went something like this, "Reserve warden, this is safari 8, I think there's something wrong with the lion... it looks like he's choking on something."  "How long has it lasted?  Do you want us to call animal programs?"  "Umm.. it's looking like he stopped... oh no... now he's doing it again.  I really think he's choking or something..."  "Reserve warden, this is safari 12, the lion is fine.  Hairball."

I was in the middle of my safari as I heard this exchange take place and almost died holding in my laughter.  Who knew lions get hairballs too?  Makes sense, I guess. :)

Yesterday was the 40th anniversary of the MK opening, so they had special fireworks so my roommate and I went to watch them from the Contemporary.  For the record, the contemporary really is a great place to view the fireworks.  It's far away, but you can see and hear them, plus they play the music!  It's great!  My roommate and I saw a random shot of water in the middle of the parking lot that nervoused both of us, but when we reported it, they told us it was a fountain and it was supposed to be there.  I still don't think I believe it.  Random fountain in the middle of a parking lot?  Psh.

Well anyway, I have to get to work.  Bus leaves soon!

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Hairball? I've never seen a Lion licking himself or herself. But then again, I've never watched a lion sit on the sofa for very long. One question: Where do they keep the lion's litterbox?