Friday, October 21, 2011

Twelve Hours

Today was pretty much the longest day ever.  I woke up before the sun rose.  I walked to the bus in the dark and made it to work around 6:30 so I could start at 7am.  Park opened at 8am.

Basically my day was spent driving around in circles.  For hours.  And hours.  During one of my breaks I interviewed one of my managers for my leadership class.  And apart from that, I did one thousand safaris today.  And that was my life.

Park closed at 6pm.  I was extended until 7pm.  My shift originally was going to be from 11:15a-6p.  But no.  I just had to choose to ask for extra hours today.  I got on the bus and came home.  The sun set while I was on the bus home.  And I walked back to my apartment in the dark.

And they told me Animal Kingdom got normal hours... psh.

For the record, though, I'm not complaining.  I wanted the extra hours, and the extra money.  I'm just exhausted beyond reason and due to upcoming Halloween parties and other events, I'm not going to be sleeping for quite a while... it's okay though.  Cuz I've been eating my vegetables. :)

No comments: