Saturday, November 14, 2009

Picture Overload

Here's those photos I promised... These are from random days in the parks. Near the end they're all from the Christmas party, but other than that it's mostly random. Enjoy!

Apparently I missed the memo to be making that hand sign. Ah well....



We went to go to the Crystal Palace a while ago. But we got there really early for our reservation. So we decided to go on Thunder Mountain Railroad. Right before we got on the ride, Janessa grabbed my camera. I asked her what she was going to do with it and she just said, "You'll see." She held it in the air the whole entire ride! It's a good thing I trust her. She got some awesome photos!
















Heather and I and Pooh.



Heather likes Eeyore. Actually, she just likes everything.




I just like Piglet!



Sorcerer Mickey awesome. To be honest Im' not really into character meet and greets but if I'm living at Disney World I have to put a few in.



And then Mickey made me kiss him. Do you see the red in my face? Ugh.



It's a joke at Disney World that everyone learns from the trams how to say "Please stand clear of the doors" in Spanish. Wanna learn? It's right here!



This is at Hollywood Studios. They have this kid thing where kids actually get to fight Darth Vader. It's adorable to watch! I just had to blog about it!



For Halloween I dressed up as a twenty year old college student. See, I'm really only nineteen. It was funny cuz as we stood in line for candy moms of little monsters and princesses would look at us and say, "Oh, this is the candy line! You can go around us if you want. We're just waiting for the candy." We just responded with, "We're waiting for candy too." Teehee, I like candy! (Actually the majority of it was candy I don't like and I ended up giving almost all of it away)



I just really really like this picture.



End (or at least close to the end) of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.



I think Heather's been wanting to do this for a while, but as we were driving on to property one day we decided to stop and get pictures in front of the sign.






On the metro on the way into Magic Kingdom for the Christmas Party. Except the monorail stopped and s at idle on the tracks for like ten minutes. Ugh, we got bored. But we took pictures!







My first decent view of the l it up castle. What a freakin' awesome sight! (Be prepared, many more castle pics will be down farther below!)



The awesome castle and my awesomER Santa hat!



Unfortunately, shortly after we got there, it started raining. LAME! So we went to seek shelter. Where else is better than a place that gives us free cookies and hot chocolate!?

I try to get a good picture of Heather and I and just look at what she does!



I love me some hot chocolate!



The rain only got worse though. A bunch of character spots w ere canceled as well as some shows. Sad! So we went to a dance party at Ariel's Grotto. The stepmother and stepsisters from Cinderella were there.

The stepmother came over to me and actually freaked me out a bit so I went to take a step back and basically stepped on Heather. The stepmother saw me and came right over to me and said, "You are not dancing. I was to see some moves." in her "stepmother" way. I chuckled and started dancing. Later we did this song "A Pizza Hut, a Pizza Hut, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut, McDonald's, McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut" and you have to do the moves with the restaurant and it gets faster and faster. The stepmother came over to me again as that song was playing and I was attempting to keep up with the music. As she approached me I told her, "Hey! See? I'm dancing! Happy?" She came up to me and said, "Ohh, so you know this song do you. All right then, let's see it!" I tried to dance, obviously failing since I've only heard the song like twice in my life. She watched me for a few seconds as I laughed and "danced" and then said, "I do not approve," And walked off with her nose in the air. Shoot, good thing I don't have a stepmother.




It was funny though because when the "Cha Cha Slide" was playing there's a part in the song where it tells you to go down to the floor. As everyone went down, the stepmother remained standing and directed everyone else to stay down pushing her hands down at us and stuff. Sooo funny!



Pretty castle!



Just a little taste of how crowded the Cosmic Rays dance party was. Probably because it was raining.



The fireworks show was awesome. All kinds of Christmas songs and the fireworks were literally all around us and the castle kept changing colors and it was just awesome!








































This was my attempt at getting a shot of the finale of the fireworks show. 'Nuff said. :)



After the fireworks we hung around for a bit because we were hoping the show would start right after (actually, it was scheduled to start ten minutes after).



During that entire ten minutes this crew of tons of people came out and started squeegying (sp?) the stage area off. They worked fast and did a magnificent job. We even applauded.



We got bored of staring at them though so we took a few picture of ourselves. Then the sad announcement came on...



Sorry, no show. It was canceled just like the other one earlier due to rain. "But get your cameras out for this 'unique' photographic experience! All the characters from the show came out with a sign...



They shot some fireworks...



And then left... Can you spell "depressing?" Ah well.




After our attempt at watching the show in front of the castle we went down Main Street to watch the parade. I didn't really get a picture of it, but it was snowing! On Main Street! In Florida!! LOVED it.


I just love Heather's excitement at this stuff. She's the only one of us who had seen the parade already but was possibly more excited than both of us for it to come. So funny!




Mickey and Minnie started off the parade beautifully. But they moved around so much it was hard to get a decent picture. Actually, everyone moved around too much to get a decent picture. At least... that's my excuse!



I love Winnie the Pooh!










Chip and Dale are just so stinkin' amazing!



Who else but Santa Claus is going to end the Christmas Parade?




I just can't get enough pictures of the castle lit up at night.




Right after the parade we looked down Main Street and saw that the show had started up again, so we quickly ran down the street to see the end of it. We actually caught a decent sized chunk of it! It was cute, but I still wish we'd have seen the whole entire thing from our old spots!










As we were leaving the park we just had to say goodbye to Piglet and Tigger!

2 comments:

dubby said...

Amazing how much you look like .. oh, never mind.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Thanks for the pics. Keep 'em oomin'.