Monday, November 30, 2009

Still Having Fun?

During the day I always think of stuff I want to write about. But then I get home at night and can't think of any of it! Blarg.

I've been thinking a lot lately about how I feel about my experience here. I mean, I've loved every minute of it, but I really am ready for the next part of my life. Kind of like when I lived in Belgium. I'm so glad I went, but was so ready to come home when it came time. And now I miss Belgium. And I know I'm gonna miss Disney World.

I'm grateful for this job and what I've learned and how I've changed. But do I want to do it again next year? Right now I'm definitely leaning to the "yes" side of things. My biggest (and really only) problem with this job is that it gets boring after two months. I go to the same little store with the same costume and the same people and sell (essentially) the same merchandise at the same registers. I don't have to think really. I don't have to fix things or create or use my brain really in any way except maybe to count out change. I think I can actually feel my brain cells dying.

I want a job where I get to actually see what I've accomplished at the end of the day. Or a job where I run into problems and I have to fix them. I want something where I can actually feel proud of what I accomplished at the end of the day. I totally don't feel proud of my accomplishments here. Hence why if I get into a PI I would probably do better.

Not that I'm not having fun. I love Disney. I love the people. I love the parks. I love playing. I love Florida weather. I love our housing. I love getting to see and learn all the behind the scenes stuff at Disney. I love the excitement that Disney is so stinkin' good at creating. And the list could go on and on.

But I'm tired. And this is really not at all what I had in mind to write about. But this has been on my mind lately anyway... so it's okay. :)

2 comments:

dubby said...

Of course you love Florida weather -- now. Just wait until May!!!

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I can tell you've missed a lot of sleep.