Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rest and Relaxation

Yesterday my friend and I went to the beach. It could possibly be the most relaxed I've felt since I've been here! I can't even describe the feeling on the way home of just not having anything to worry about it. I wish I could just sit on the beach with nothing to worry about more often!

On the way home we went to Cici's pizza. Janessa had never been there before. After we got inside I went to go to the bathroom. Not to get all gross about talking about myself in the bathroom but when I went to take off my swimsuit sand just poured out of it. See, we covered each other in sand and apparently swimsuit bra cups love to collect lots of sand. I made a nice little mountain of sand on the floor. So I kicked it around a little to make it less obvious. Turns out it doesn't work that way. I felt really bad for whoever was cleaning that night. Heehee, oopsy!

After that we went to see the new movie A Christmas Carol in 3D. (No, sorry, not New Moon) It was awesome, but surprisingly scary for a kids movie. Or at least, I thought it was a kids movie until I saw how scary it was. Yeesh, I think I jumped out of my seat three different times!

Even though I spent most of the day yesterday relaxing I was totally exhausted after getting home. I took a shower and went right to bed. Mostly. :) This morning I slept in until... well, really really late. I know it sounds lame that I get two days off and I spend them practically doing nothing, but really I've been waiting for relaxation for such a long time that it feels really good to spend two day not going to Disney World. I haven't even changed out of my PJs today and don't intend to.

And I have accomplished some stuff. Sort of. I did my laundry, cleaned up the apartment, made my resume, sent out some emails, cooked some real food (yeah this is a big deal, I hardly ever have time for that) and read a book. I haven't read a book in so long I really missed it. But I just found out recently that at the Cast Services building we have our own little free library where we can check out not only books, but language learning software AND Disney movies! Awesome!!!

Tomorrow I begin work at the Studios (aka Hollywood). I'm really really excited for it because Hollywood could possibly be my favorite park (if my favorite park weren't EPCOT it would totally be #1). I love the show Fantasmic, and the ride Rockn' Roller Coaster is my favorite coaster in all the parks. They also have the show Lights Motors Action which is just about the coolest cars show on the planet complete with fire and explosions and stuff! Plus they've put up the Osbourne (sp?) family lights and I haven't seen the lights show yet.

While working there doesn't necessarily mean I get to do all that stuff (because realistically I'll be stuck in a Mickey Mouse store trading pins with six year olds) but before and after work I'll totally be taking advantage of it!

But for now I'm gonna go collect my laundry and then sleep a little more. Teehee! I LOVE having a day off where I don't have to do anything!

1 comment:

dubby said...

Tee hee. Trading pins. That was fun. I had a great Chip and Dale collection, and several Tiggers.