Thursday, December 3, 2009

American Adventure!

Normally I would have had yesterday and today off. And by "normally" I mean "this week" because let's face it, my life schedule is absolutely not normal.

Either way I picked up shifts for both days. Yesterday was American Adventure and today I worked in Strollers for the second time.

American Adventure was fantastic! It was amazing because I got to be outside almost the whole time. And in case you don't know, American Adventure is where the EPCOT Candlelight Processional takes place. The Candlelight Processional basically is just a bunch of singing and a Christmas narration by some famous person. The night I worked it was John O'Hurley. In case you don't know who he is (cuz I certainly didn't) think Seinfeld, Family Feud and Dancing with the Stars. He was apparently on all of those. I have to admit, I didn't know the name, but when I saw him in person I totally recognized the face. I just can't wait for Abigail Breslin and Whoopi Goldberg to come later this month!

Anyway, all night was spent listening to a fantastic, enormous choir sing Christmas songs along with a narration that was beautiful. It ended with Holiday Illuminations (exactly like regular Illuminations, except at the end they add MORE fireworks and MORE music!) and then we went inside, hung out for a while, and ERs were handed out!

I completely forgot today was Thursday. Thursday is my class. I completely forgot I had class. I completely blanked. And I woke up at 10:30am (my class goes 8-10) and was so mad at myself. I went into the living room freaking out about it. Not that the class really matters that much. I'm mostly just taking it for personal satisfaction. If I fail it does nothing to me in any way really. But still... personal satisfaction!

So I got up my courage and emailed the teacher. We're only allowed to miss a single class and I missed one for my grandpa's funeral a few weeks ago. Then we're allowed to, one time only, switch to Friday's class and attend then. I gave that up the week before last to eat breakfast with the princesses in Norway. And then last week was Thanksgiving so class was canceled. So this week I blanked. I explained it to the teacher humbly apologizing and saying that I realized I messed up and should be dropped but if there was any hope for me I'd love to snag it.

And she told me I was fine and she'd see me in class tomorrow morning. Whew! I never thought I had a problem with sleeping through important stuff but apparently I'm getting worse. As long as I don't sleep through work though... ugh. That would suck.

A kid in my program was terminated today. A guests said he "thought" he saw this kid stealing so the kid was terminated. At least, that's how everyone explained it to me. When the actual manager was telling us about it he simply said, "Don't freak out about him getting termed. You kids need to realize that there are cameras They are everywhere. Just remember that. As long as you're being honest, you're fine."

Well, good. So strollers was pretty fun. I drove an ECV for the first time and I've finally mastered returning them. Also, I went into the EPCOT tunnels. Didn't even know we had 'em but yep. EPCOT's got tunnels and they're actually surprisingly big! They're just like Magic Kingdom's tunnels except there are less. So neat.

And then I came home and now I'm here and I need to sleep if I'm going to wake up at 7:30 for an 8am class. Then I can come home and sleep some more because tomorrow I work 5:30p-1:30am. Today I worked 3:30p-12a. Ugh.

No comments: