Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas

It's very wet outside. I woke up at 7am to drive my roommate to the airport. She's going home today. Something I'm extremely jealous of.

She got directions to the airport avoiding all toll roads. There were several turns and small roads and stuff and it was all foreign to me. Oh, and it was raining ridiculously hard. I don't know if I've ever skidded so much in my life (don't read that part, dad) But, we didn't have to deal with the tolls.

On the way home I gave it up and just took the toll road. I didn't want to be trying to figure out the paper directions while driving through ridiculous rain and fortunately I live right beside a popular tourist attraction so really all I had to do was follow the signs to Disney World. One of the toll ladies (apparently you have to pay every couple miles on a toll road... yuck!) even let me go by for free. "Merry Christmas" she told me. :) It took me about 45 minutes to get to the airport and around 15 to get back. Toll roads are pretty nice!

I got home expecting to go back to bed but instead I'm not as tired as I thought I'd be. I have the apartment to myself so I'm just relaxing, watching tv, and being sad that this is my first Christmas morning in my whole life that I'm not happily opening presents with my family. No family. No friends. No gingerbread houses with mom. No snow. (It's actually almost warm outside) No presents. No tree. No stockings (well, the tree and stockings are downstairs). No joy.

Okay so actually there is joy. I have great friends here. I've gotten to listen to all the Christmas music I want to. I know my family is only a phone call away. Oh, and I'm the luckiest kid in the world in that happiest place on earth. Teehee! :)

So just so this isn't a totally depressing post I'll add some happy stuff! I've had the last two days off and I don't work until 7:45 tonight. Last night I went to Hollywood and saw the Osbourne dancing lights show. Pretty cool. They were handing Christmas cookies out at the bus stop last night! We also watched the movie "The Santa Claus" last night. Good movie. Possibly my favorite Christmas movie.

Anyway, only a week left. Wow. I can't even believe it. We were looking at pictures of our program last night and I just couldn't believe how wonderful this semester has been. I love it here and I know I'm gonna miss it like crazy when I leave. But also for now I'm excited to go back to college.

Merry Christmas!!