Thursday, February 11, 2010

Awkward Moments Define My Life

I ate lunch with a friend in the Crossroads (campus cafeteria) today. My first time there, it wasn't too bad.

As I was leaving I thought I saw one of my old roommates. I called her name kind of quietly behind her because she looked way different. Much fatter, certainly.

She turned her head and smiled when she saw me. It was then that I saw her big belly. I knew she was engaged with a guy when she was my roommate last summer. But she was so big I could have sworn she was pregnant. But they only got married in August. I didn't want to ask, just in case. But at the same time I didn't want to give her the impression that I simply thought she was fat if she really was pregnant.

So I just stared at her big belly... trying to decide if I should chance mentioning the fact that she had gained weight.

Instead I looked up into her face and asked, "So you're married now, right?"

She looked at me for a second and just said, "Uhh. Yeah."

"To... umm.... John was it?"

"Kevin."

"Oh, right. Yeah... How's that going?"

"Good."

"Great! .... You look so.... uh... different!"

"Yeah well, I stopped trying to make myself look nice anymore."

"Uh huh. Well, uh. Nice seeing you!"

"Yeah, you too Dianna!"

And then we both took off walking in the same direction down the hall. Which always adds to akwardness.

Why do I even try to be social!?

Oh, and by the way, because I was dripping with curiousity as to whether or not she really was preggers, I stalked her on facebook. She is.

Weird cuz they only got married in August and she is waaaaay showing. They must have gotten their groove on fast.

2 comments:

Allen said...

This girl makes me so angry!

She gets married, and decides that she doesn't have to make herself look nice anymore?

She dolled herself up to get a husband, and how that she has one that can't go anywhere, she doesn't care about her body at all. She is going to get dumpy quickly and then her husband will realize his mistake, but it will be too late. Ugh. I'm so angry right now just thinking about it. ARRGH!

It's like these girls think that getting married and getting knocked up is the be-all and end-all of existence. It makes me sick.

Tell your old roommate to slap herself.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

You might have stumbled on the answer without knowing it. Go back and look at the very last word of your post: "Fast".

Also, keep in mind: what you post on the internet can be read by anyone.