Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stupid Projects...

I didn't do my assignment for Visual Media today. Shame, too, because it was photoshop which I think is really fun to play with! Why did I not do it? Because I had no idea it was assigned.

I could have sworn during our Monday class I heard the teacher say that since we were doing the second half of photoshop today, our final project wouldn't be due until next week. He told us we would get credit for the work we did in class for the rough draft.

Well, only part of that was right. The in class stuff did count as the rough draft. And a second final project is due next week. But apparently we had another project that was due today that I completely missed.

In my defense it wasn't really on the syllabus. I put really in there because it did say "Photoshop Assignment (in class)" But I figured the (in class) part meant that we would be working on it "in class" because what else would "in class" mean?

Apparently I'm the only student in the class who didn't get the memo. Actually, there were four of us. Apparently the (in class) part meant we would turn them in "in class" (duh! what assignment isn't due in class? none for this class) and the fact that the ink was the color orange meant it was a big project that was due on that day. I would have known that if I'd have noticed that the pretty colors all over the syllabus weren't just for decoration. Lame.

Fortunately the teacher had mercy and is allowing me and the other few students to turn in the project up to 2 days late with zero impact on our grades. He allows each student in this class to do this ONE time during the semester. So now I used my chance up, but I'm so stinkin' grateful for it.

Oh, and I broke my favorite pair of earrings today. :(

No comments: