Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Empty Campus

Campus was empty today. In my Spanish class the teacher split us into our groups. Five people per group. I was the only person there from my group. Leana came late so there were two of us. But really... lame!

Then as I passed through the Crossroads on the way to my next class there were empty tables everywhere. Very rare.

And then about half of my Humanities class was missing. Where was everyone? We got out of my class and as I walked down the hall I had to double check my watch to make sure we didn't get out early today because the halls were just empty. So weird.

Anyway, life's been fun. I haven't really updated much recently. There's not a whole lot to say. I thought 20 credits would be killing me. It's certainly keeping me busy, but the only thing that's killing me is my Spanish class.

In high school Spanish was easy. I was pretty much teacher's pet and the class snoot. This semester I'm no longer one of the smart kids. In fact, I could possibly even say I'm the dumb one. I have a great teacher. He's fantastic and patient. But it's ridiculously hard.

Por and para both mean "for" but in different settings. Como and que both mean "what" but in different settings. I study and study and try and try. And just when I think I'm beginning to understand it, I'm introduced to all the exceptions. So annoying. It's kicking my butt.

But yeah, not much else. I better study now though. As I said, I'm definitely staying busy. :)

No comments: