Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Lunch With the President

I ate lunch with Pres Clark today. The food was incredible. The first course was a small salad with vinaigrette dressing and fruits and spinach and stuff. Then our main course was this weird kind of rice (none of us knew the name of it but we'd all seen it before... it's like super fat rice), squash and zucchini, and this chicken stuffed with asparagus and some sort of cheese. Dessert was this amazing three layer white cake with strawberry something in between each layer and topped with cream cheese frosting and whipped cream. Amazing.

Of course the company was unbelievable too. I got there a couple of minutes early and they had all of us students sit in this room and chat for a while. There were about ten of us. Fortunately after I got there I found this guy Shawn. He was in my Spanish class last semester so we already knew each other so we kind of stuck together. After chatting and getting to know each other in the first room we all moved over into the "dining" room. The table was in a big octagon shape so everyone could see each other. To my left was this girl Lindsey. To her left was Sis. Clark and to her left was President Clark. We all had assigned seats.

We talked about a lot of stuff. It was really fun. I don't really want to go into the details of what we talked about, but if you're really dying of curiosity you can ask me. I talked to Pres. Clark a bit. More to his wife actually. They are all such incredible people it just totally blows my mind. I'm so grateful that I get to go to this school! And I'm especially glad that our president does things like this. It's such a good idea!

I got to sit on the stand at devotional. It was really cool looking at the auditorium from there and reading the teleprompter along with the speaker. All over a really cool experience. I'm grateful to have been picked for it!

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Let's see... it could have been Basmati rice, or maybe even cous-cous, which is often mistaken for round tiny fat rice. I seriously doubt that it was hominy, which can also be considered "fat" rice-looking things.