Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dreams

Most of the time my dreams are random places I don't know with random people who I don't know doing things I don't understand (You don't get it! I have to put these worms in the peanut butter jar! If I don't, the world is going to explode!!).

Lately my dreams have felt very realistic though. Things I know won't really happen, but feel like real life and I don't realize I'm dreaming. Here are two:

Last night I dreamed someone in our apartment complex died. I even watched them carry the casket out of the apartment and put it in the hearse. I can even tell you which apartment it was at my complex it was so vivid. Creepy!

I dreamed I was at graduation next year. But as I went up and handed them the paper to call my name, they paused. Apparently, I had forgotten to fill out the proper paperwork so they wouldn't let me graduate. When I woke up it took me a while to realize that I'm still just a Junior.

I remember thinking last night just before falling asleep that there was something important I had to do today. I told myself, "Self, you better get up and write that down or your gonna forget." But then my other self told me, "No way! I'm tired. I'll remember it. Usually important stuff I can remember. I'm so exhausted." And then my other self said, "ZZZzzzzz" and I fell asleep. Now I have no idea what the important thing I had to remember was. All I remember was that it felt imperative that it had to get done today and that I don't have a clue what it was.

Anyway, there's part of my sleeping life for those interested. I guess I just have really dramatic fears!

1 comment:

dubby said...

You should keep a pencil and paper by your bed, particularly if there are several important things to do the next day. If it is written down, you will find you sleep better because otherwise you will worry about remembering it.