Sunday, June 13, 2010

On Saving Money

When I worked in Disney World one of my roommates, Natalie, liked to be frugal. One of the things she did to save money was, instead of buying expensive tupperware, she would keep old plastic sour cream or cream cheese containers.

One morning, she made herself a lovely salad for lunch before work. She put in some carrots and lettuce and tomato and all kinds of delicious greens. She then put it in the fridge as she took her shower and finished getting ready for work. I watched as she happily went to the fridge, pulled out her salad in her giant sour cream container and chuckled to myself as I thought about other people at work might think she was eating nothing but sour cream for lunch. However, her idea was a smart one to save money.

She came home from work that night, though. Upset with me for not noticing and not telling her (sarcastically of course). Turns out she had two identical looking sour cream containers in the fridge. One with her lunch and the other with, surprise! sour cream. She took a container of sour cream with her to work for lunch. Gross!

Apparently, to make things better, she had taken it to work and a coworker did make fun of her for bringing the sour cream with her. She opened the container to prove she wasn't just eating sour cream for lunch. But failed. I love Natalie!

No comments: