Friday, August 26, 2011

I Blame Lackage of Sleep

My schedule had me starting at 10 something. But because my trainer had a class, and I like my trainer and didn't want a different one for one random day, we both switched our schedules earlier so we started at 7:30. So I had to wake up at 5:45 to catch the bus at 6:30. Meaning I hardly got much sleep last night. Or the past few nights. But it was worth it. Minus the stupid things I've done today. So let's start the list of Dianna Dum-Dums today.

It all started with me taking the bus going in the wrong direction. Now, I got to DAK okay. But once there, I thought I'd take the backstage bus to my location. It's really within walking distance, but I was tired, so I decided to take the bus. But I got on going in the wrong direction. Then, I realized this. I got off the bus at the stop that's right before where the bus turns around and starts heading in the right direction, the direction I wanted to go. As I walked from the other end of the park (really it was just the Rainforest Cafe) to my location, the same bus passed me twice more. Fail.

Later, I was going through all of the signals and codes I had memorized with my trainer. I finished with Signal 8. Another trainer from across the room threw me a random pop question. "So what's the difference between Signal 70 and Signal 8?"

I had no clue what Signal 70 was. I knew I should have known, but I didn't remember it being on my list. So I answered the best I could.

"........62?"

My trainer would have accepted that. She wasn't impressed.

And then, later, we were going around the ride path. I was driving around, spieling, and purposely talking about every animal in the Savannah except for this one that I didn't know. Of course, my trainer noticed, pointed it out to me, and asked me what it was.

"Ummm, Sable Antelope?" "Nope." "Ummm... it's definitely not a Patterson's Eland..." "Nope." "Ummm... oh! Yeah! I remember his name! But we can't say his name. Umm.. a waterbucket?"

It was a Waterbuck. But my trainer kept making fun of me about waterbuckets the rest of the day. I'm pretty sure that torment will never end. On the upside, I know exactly what a Waterbuck is now.

In my defense, the animals really do look very different in real life than they do in their pictures.

The other problem I had today was I forgot my water bottle. That's a mistake I'll never make again. I was so thirsty by the end of the day that I bought a Powerade out of one of the vending machines (I never, ever buy vending machine stuff) and drank the whole thing in one minute. And was still thirsty.

Then I was on the bus going home. Someone asked if any of my roommates worked in the MK. I told her no, realizing about five minutes later that actually, every single one of my roommates works in the MK. Fail!

Anyway, it's been a crazy day! Totally crazy! Hopefully tomorrow will go better and I'll remember things better. Not likely though, since I'm going to play tonight. :)

No comments: