Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kilimanjaro Safari Driver!

You are officially reading the blog of the latest and greatest Kilimanjaro Safari Game Driver! (minus the other CPs that assessed and passed today as well, of course!)

Yep. I passed! Thank freaking goodness! I did the driving and spieling this morning, and the rest of the day was lands. I worked every single possible position today, the driving literally only took up about an hour and a half of the 8 hour day. I had so much fun!

The paper test was the worst part, mainly because so many of the questions are poorly worded or trick questions. Or the answer is just plain wrong (it's a sort of universal test for numerous attractions, and our attraction is different than others on some things). But I had a nice assessor and we went over everything and I was able to prove that I knew it.

Surprisingly, the hardest part wasn't learning the facts, even though I was mostly afraid of that. And to be honest, I've got driving down pretty well now too. I'm thinking, now after I've worked every position, the one that's going to get me the most is Departures. That's the one where we ask how many in the party and assign them to a row. I get so flustered and stressed there. So many people don't listen, don't understand which truck they go on, make up their own rules, don't speak English, refuse to obey, walk around in circles, or whatever other variation they have. It's frustrating for me. Fortunately, it's something that always tends to work itself out with minimal annoyance from guests, so it's not too bad. So even that goes well for the most part.

I'm so stinking excited to officially work here! I love my life!!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

yay Dianna:) So proud of you, now your knowledge of Disney is even greater:):) SO I am requesting, PICTURES!!! I want to see you in your awesome costume or whatever you call it:) Thanks!!

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Sounds like when you are working in Departures, you really, truly, need to keep the green button (with Scar on it) handy. Did you call your aunt Becky about those? Keep a couple for yourself. Pushing those buttons keeps things in perspective.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Oh, and congratulations on passing the exam.

dubby said...

Awwww, my little bus driver. Just like her brother Bryan.

Stanzie said...

I think i agree with Ashley Smashly Pudding and Pie- pictures please :)
Sounds really exciting even with minimal annoyances from guests ;P
miss you tons but so glad you are having an awesome time.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Don't take the pictures while you're driving.