Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back In Virginia!

It's been a loooong time since I updated. In case you hadn't noticed. :)

In the past two weeks (and two days) I have felt very accomplished while not really accomplishing much at all.

First, I graduated. Graduating doesn't really take much of anything... it's really the work leading up to graduating that is accomplished.

Then I spent about a week with my brothers, sister-in-law (almost), and parents in Dubois, WY. There, we rode horses and ATVs, went to a rodeo, visited Yellowstone, and played games.

Then we spent another few days in Boulder, CO with my oldest brother setting up his apartments and going to the Denver zoo, which, by the way, is incredible!

Then my mom and I drove home from Boulder over Wednesday and Thursday. 22 hours in a car, 1500 miles, in 2 days! Yikes!

I've been at home the past few days figuring out my life and sorting through everything I own trying to figure out what I want to keep, and when I'll want to be keeping it. At the same time, I've been working out being my mom's slave to her extra house she rents out, sorting through stuff, figuring out computers (well, my own so far) and such. Really, it's not all that much, I just like to act like I'm working hard for her. :)

But now I'm in Virginia and I had totally forgotten how totally beautiful it is here! I love the variety of trees, the wildflowers, the wildlife, the people, the sunsets, the green, etc. etc. etc. We saw more wildlife within an hour of entering VA than we saw in Dubois/Yellowstone in an entire week! Plus, our mountains may be smaller, but they are so totally prettier. I love it here!

However, while I freely admit the Valley is prettier than Florida, I still prefer Florida and will hopefully end up there. I start my program on the 17th, and will start work on the 20th. And I can't even wait!

Also, I don't know why but I got a phone call over our trip telling me my location of work this next semester. I don't know why they did that since A) they've never done it before, B) they haven't done it yet for any of my friends who are doing the program this semester, and C) I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to do it because they can change your location up to the day you arrive.

We'll see what happens. And in case anyone's curious as to where I'm working, it's going to be in the jungles of Africa in the Animal Kingdom working the African Safaris ride! I am so stinkin' excited!!! (assuming this really does happen).

1 comment:

dubby said...

It is wonderful having you home.