Saturday, June 27, 2009

Life Lately

I went on a double date last night to see a drive in movie. Night at the Museum 2. It was actually really funny, but... well... a sequel. It was freezing. We sat outside to watch it since it was a double date and hard to see out the windows. The cold went into me so I was not only cold all through the movie, but cold after I got home. And I even woke up cold this morning! Ugh! But it was worth it.

We had a ward talent show Thursday night. I took pictures but may or may not post them. Depends on how I'm feeling tomorrow.

I felt like cooking tonight so I made a casserole. It was actually amazingly good. last time I was at the store I decided to get some asparagus as a way of forcing myself to eat more fresh vegetables. It ended up being an asparagus, bacon, cheese sauce type casserole. Sooo yummy! I added garlic too, and I've always wanted to try cutting up fresh garlic so I did. Except it was kind of a small casserole and the whole entire thing of garlic that I bought felt like it would be too much. So I only put like three couple cloves in. (or is the whole thing called a clove? I don't know...) It turned out really really good. The only thing I'd have changed was that I put in a little too much bacon. I didn't think that was possible. Bacon actually wasn't called for in the recipe I used, but I saw other recipes with asparagus and bacon and bacon was on sale for only a dollar for a pack! And I looooove bacon. So I got it and put just a few pieces in thinking you could never have too much bacon. Except I suppose you can.

And as always I can't wait to move to Disney. I even dream about it sometimes. I had a dream a few nights ago that we got there (my mom, my sister, and me) and I had already checked in and received my free tickets into the park (I get unlimited free admission as long as I work there). I wanted to go in but my mom wouldn't let me. She kept saying stuff like, "You'll have the next five months to play, right now we need to go do this." And she'd have some ridiculous errand we had to do. At one point I think we had to go to the bookstore and buy a book for my dad. In my dream I kept thinking, "She doesn't understand. She's right that I'll have the next five months but she doesn't get how important it is for me to go in RIGHT NOW!" It was weird. We were so close to the entrance too. I remember my sister being in the dream, but have no idea what role she played anymore. Sorry Cathryn.

Speaking of dreams, though... we just opened up this M&M puzzle on Monday night. We're still working on it. It's waaaaay hard. When I go to sleep at night I stare up at the ceiling and see little M&Ms looking back at me. Haunting my thoughts. Ugh. But we're almost done. I have pictures of that too.

Okay, so that outta do for an update. The end!

4 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

They still have drive-in movies? I'll clue you in: you go to a drive in movie on a double date so that you can get cold (!), and that's why you always bring a blanket, and the blanket should be big enough to share, but not too big, and you have to get real close to share the blanket, and sometimes you get close enough to snuggle, and snuggling keeps you warm, and that's why you should always go on a *double* date to a drive-in, to keep you from getting, uh, too warm, under the blanket. Snuggling can do wonders for keeping the chill off... just ask your mom. Of course, Night in the Museum can also help keep you from getting in trouble...

Dianna said...

Haha, yeah that snuggling part of which you speak actually did happen a bit. But of course I was trying to keep this blog rated G. Lol!

dubby said...

aaaghhhh! my virgin ears!!!!!

Allen said...

good job smarting off to your teacher... keep up the good work!