Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Longest Post Ever

So much to write about I really don't even know where to begin. Just a warning, this'll probably be a super long, unorganized post.

I love my job. I work in three places. Imagination is the ride with Figment and I work in the store the guests go through after the ride. Today a little girl ran up to our table with the Figments and started hugging one. Her dad came right up behind her and said, "No honey. We are not buying the stuffed animal of the guy you've been crying at for the last ten minutes." Apparently she didn't like the ride.

Imagination is also the place where we take the pictures of guests and make it so they're flying over the castle or swimming with Nemo. Some of the pictures we can actually make a puzzle where you're sitting beside Hannah Montana and such. It's so fun.

The Land is another place I work and it's probably my least favorite mainly because I'm all alone there. It's a very small shop that mainly just sells candy. It's pretty slow and there's only one register so whoever's there is the only one there. Which means if we get low on something or have to restock, I can't do it because I can't go upstairs and leave the register.

Stickers. I give out stickers a lot though. I got bored of simply handing them out so I started making little kids earn their stickers. Today I saw a little boy maybe about 2 or 3. I went up to him and asked if he wanted a sticker and he smiled and said yes. So I told him he had to answer a special question first. "What movie is the fish Nemo from?" I wanted him to be able to answer it. He sat quietly for a second and just as I was getting worried he didn't know he said in the cutest voice, "Fineen Neenooooooo!" I gave him his sticker and he gave this way excited squeal and ran to show his parents. So stinkin' cute! I ask older kids harder questions like "What country did the girl who cut her hair and joined the army live in?" or I'll ask "What color are Figment's horns?"

Love it!

I also trade pins all the time. I have twelve at all times and if a kid wants to trade I have to trade. At this point I haven't really gotten "addicted" or anything. I don't feel like spending my money on that stuff. But it is fun while I'm at work.

I'm writing a lot about work because I'm on an eleven day working streak right now. But stuff happens outside of work. My friend Lis was just diagnosed with the swine flu. I spend a lot of time at her apartment and with her roommies so here's to hoping it doesn't spread to all of us!

I went to Walmart last night and on the way home I heard a loud crash and saw a bright red light in my rearview mirror. As much as I wanted to look I refused and kept my eyes on the road because I definitely did not want that to be me. A few seconds later a white car sped past me leaving chunks of white metal behind in it's path and weaving in and out of the heavy traffic. Totally freaked me out but my car's okay and I'm okay. I don't even know what he hit but I'm glad it wasn't me.

EPCOT's Illuminations. The park I work in and I can hear this show every night I'm working and have seen it several times and plan to see it several more.



It's extremely hard to get pictures because everything's is pretty much always moving and it's dark so you have to hold the camera super still.








The finale of Illuminations. The sky becomes so stinkin' bright it's incredible!








Front to back: Me, Heather, Lis, Charlene, and Natalie. I told everyone to smile and we were gonna do a picture. Apparently Heathers the only one who picked up on it though. Natalie kinda knew what I said but... yeeaaah. Anyway... We always like to sit in the back of the bus so we can all sit beside each other.




We asked the custodian to take our picture in Hollywood Studios. Natalie, Heather, me and Lis. Natalie and Heather both work in this park so they were our guides for the day.



Go Mickey!



Still in Hollywood, we watched Beauty and the Beast show which is when my camera died so I have no more pictures of that day. Bummer too because the Jedi training where the little kids get to fight Darth Vader with light sabers was super awesome!







Fantasmic. Heather's favorite show and the show for Hollywood. They spray water up and you can watch a show on the water as it's being sprayed. Incredible.









Lis, me and Heather. We tried to take this picture like a billion times and never got it perfect. This was maybe the best. Meh. We were in the back of the bus.



An amazing game while waiting to get on Soarin'. You can see our bodies on the walls and the goal was to pop the colored bubbles. So cool!



Amazing finale to "Wishes" the Magic Kingdom show. You can see more pictures of that show lower.



My costume for the land. The most boring of the three costumes and my training costume. The others are cooler. I promise.



Natalie and I in front of Animal Kingdom.



Natalie, Charlene, me and Kelly in front of one of the two most awesome rides in AK.



This is right before we went to the parks to play for the first time. Natalie, me and Kelly. We went to MK and it was amazing. We were super excited, but weren't close enough socially yet to act as insanely childishly excited as we were on the inside!



Wishes again...















Kelly was so funny. She wanted her picture in front of the roller coaster while it was coming down. She turned around to watch for it and as soon as we saw it come she got really excited, whirled around and made this face of utter excitement. I'm still laughing. So cute!

3 comments:

dubby said...

Great to see what is going on! Awwww. Don't get sick!

dubby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Cool post, cool pics. Enjoy.